Visit ManageWithoutThem.com Most recent blog entries Visit ManageWithoutThem.com

Monday, May 02, 2005

 

Blogging on the margin

I find it interesting to note the types of blog posts that I feel like writing as I get more and more and more interested in work. There have been times when I have had very little to do at work (that I was interested in) and blogging (or prior to my blog, simply the type of writing which now ends up as a blog entry) seemed very important. Blogging seemed like something I should be making time for. Something I should be putting aside time for regardless of any other goals I might have.

Now I've found something more interesting to do (eg. fix up a project at work and learn how to effectively fix up future projects) I'm blogging on the margin. Blogging actually interfers with the other things I want to get done so I need to make a choice. While I used to write (or a least draft) a blog entry when what I really wanted to do was talk to somebody, I don't have time for that now.

It makes me think that the best blog writing probably comes from having something to say. More importantly, the best blogging is actually a commentary on a life outside blogging.

1 Comments:

  • There are times to blog about life, and there are times to live life.

    But if you didn't go out and live it you'd have absolutely nothing to blog about later.

    It's the phases of the blog. We all go through it :)

    By Blogger Shanna, at 7:34 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home