MangeWithoutThem is largely a general management model. But it advocates the creation of 'collaboration architectures' which are task-specific. Because I'm in the IT consulting business, and because I claim that the management process should be more task-based than it is traditionally, whenever I get specific I'm likely to talk about IT management.

Even more specific than that, I'm likely to talk about the delivery of technology-enabled business transformation programmes. Sound like buzz-words to you? So be it. You'll notice IT content is designated MWT/IT. This content shows how the ManageWithoutThem model applies to IT consulting and may be skipped by those without an interest in this area.

The first collaboration architecture I'm developing is used to define the various projects, work streams, and delivery responsibilities within a technology-enabled business transformation programme.

This is a tool I have used for a few years now for trying to get clarify around how a programme is organised. The initial unannotated diagram can be found at:

http://www.managewithoutthem.com/
posters/Programme Definition Worksheet - TEBT.pdf

(AvantGo users will need to visit ManageWithoutThem.com)

I will be annotating this diagram and developing instructions for its use in the next few weeks; but any feedback is appreciated.