I talk about architectures all the time; and I therefore talk about architects - the people who design those architectures.

I'm stealing a word here - I'm not the only one. The whole IT industry also does it. So I'll admit I'm looking forward to this series (link to Amazon) coming out in July.

The first book in the series is:

The Nature of Order: An Essay on the Art of Building and the Nature of the Universe. The Phenomenon of Life, Book One
by Christopher Alexander

MWT talks about architect as the delineated shared understanding of a team of collaborating individuals. This shared environment could include anything, I guess - includes good old physical shared space - but I imagine the principles of designing such architectures are more universal than that.

The Amazon review says things like:

'Christopher Alexander, the humble messiah of good architectural design, invites readers to get comfortable with their inner judgments... thinking deeply about the nature of his work. Frustrated with the 20th century's reluctance to acknowledge human commonality and reliance on Cartesian mechanism, he urges us to rethink our understanding of space itself...'

The IT industry has already stolen the concept of 'design patterns' from people like this author - and that was for the better. Let's steal some more.