I'm back - both in the sense that the hacking of my site has been fixed and that I think I've managed to put to bed some recent and distracting personal problems.

Both experiences have left a rather bitter taste in my mouth. It appears some people are so vapid that other human beings only register as mildly curious social experiments... and hackers annoy me too. :-)

I'm currently working in Brisbane (for the next few months at least) spending every couple of weekends in Sydney. I also have no mobile phone, so email is the best / only way to contact me.

Regarding my site being hacked. Good news is it appears that nobody viewing my web site or the AvantGo channel was at risk. I do, however, apologise for the inconvenience and alarm this may have caused.

I've just added tonight's article called 'Management by Inspecting, Governance by Sampling', which is simply an example of 'rule by law'; acknowledging that such an approach must apply to the managers and the managed. My definition of 'management' as opposed to 'governance' is also based on this.