Visit ManageWithoutThem.com Most recent blog entries Visit ManageWithoutThem.com

Saturday, August 27, 2005

 

Epic Advisers

Just found Steve Banhegyi's blog. He mentions a leadership model (well part of it, I presume) with the acronym EPIC ADVISERS:

Emotion
Power
Inspiration
Charisma

Authority
Drama
Vision
Intention
Storytelling & Journey making
Experience
Role Modelling
Self-Perception



The MWT Model basically says 'What's so special about Leadership?' in a quite sarcastic way indeed. But that isn't to belittle the concept. What I'm saying is that the important thing is to be able to tell the difference between Quality leadership and... well, rubbish.

I'm not sure EPIC ADVISERS is 'particularly African' as Steve describes it. But I mean that in a good way in that it seems more universal to me. Sure, it's just a bunch of words. But it appears to be the right words for a change. There is a certain balance to this list of attributes which to me seems like it would be difficult to fake this type of leadership.

UPDATE: More detail here (pdf).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home